We do not take kindly to those who abuse the intellectual property rights of others.
Although the Best websites, sites, apps and our users websites are not based in the United States, we respect the intellectual property rights of copyright holders, and thus have chosen to voluntarily comply with the Notice and Takedown provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This Site qualifies as a Service Provider within the meaning of 17 U.S.C. 512(k)(1) of the DMCA. Accordingly, it is entitled to certain protections from claims of copyright infringement under the DMCA, commonly referred to as the safe harbor provisions. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Thus, we observe and comply with the DMCA, and have adopted the following Notice and Takedown Policy relating to claims of copyright infringement by our customers, subscribers or users.
If you believe that your copyright or trademark is being infringed on the Site, please send us a written notice with the following information:
- 1. Identification of the copyrighted or trademarked work that you claim has been infringed;
- 2. Identification of the allegedly infringing content, and information reasonably sufficient to permit App.Best to locate it on the Site (e.g., the URL for the web page on which the content appears);
- 3. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the content identified in your notice in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright/trademark owner, its agent, or the law;
- 4. A statement by you that you attest, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright/trademark owner or authorized to act on the owner's behalf; and
- 5. Your physical or electronic signature, together with your contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
At the same time, we do not take kindly to those who abuse the scope of their own intellectual property rights.
If you believe that your content should not have been removed for alleged copyright or trademark infringement, you may send us a written counter-notice with the following information:
- 1. Identification of the copyrighted or trademarked work that was removed, and the location on the Site where it would have been found prior to its removal;
- 2. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of a mistake or misidentification. For trademark disputes only: information reasonably sufficient to explain why you believe you are not infringing the trademarked work;
- 3. A statement that you consent either to the jurisdiction of (a) the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located if you live in the United States, or (b) any judicial district in which App.Best is located if you live outside the United States. Please also include a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who sent the original infringement notice to App.Best, or an agent of such person;
- 4. Your physical or electronic signature, together with your contact information (address, telephone number and, if available, email address).
We will respond to all such notices and comply with applicable law. We reserve the right to remove content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to terminate a user's account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer.
Best acts in accordance with its interpretation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
If you believe that your work has been copied or was otherwise used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us of such infringement via our Best contact form available at https://app.best/contact, or otherwise provide the following information in writing to our designated Copyright Agent: (1) the contact details of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (2) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit Best to locate the material (including URL address); (4) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (5) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
Best’s Copyright Agent can be reached at the following address:
THE BEST - 295 RUE DU PROFESSEUR PAUL MILLIEZ - 94500 CHAMPIGNY SUR MARNE - FRANCE
E-mail: legal [at] the [dot] best
In the event that Best receives notice regarding a copyright infringement related to your User Platform or User Website, it may cancel your User Account, take your User Platform down or remove any Content in its sole discretion, with or without prior notice to you. In such case, you may file a proper counter-notice in accordance with Section 512 of the DMCA, in which you must include: (1) your full name, address, phone number and physical or electronic signature; (2) identification of the material and its location before removal; (3) a statement under penalty of perjury that the material was removed by mistake or misidentification; (4) your consent to an appropriate judicial body; and (5) any other information required under the relevant provisions of the DMCA. Any notices filed pursuant to this Section may be deemed accepted, applicable and compliant with the DMCA, or not, at Best’s sole reasonable discretion. Best reserves the right to notify the person or entity providing the infringement notice of such counter-notice and provide any details included therein.
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.